"What has a man to contend with who undertakes to establish a new science? He has the opposition of all the former opinions of the world in regard to it, and all their influence. He will be misunderstood by fools and misrepresented by knaves, for his science will tear down their fortress or belief and they will use all their skill and deception to defeat their enemy. Their weapon is their tongue, and the tongue of a hypocrite is of all weapons the most deadly to truth: for it can assume the voice form of an angel while it is sapping your very life's blood from your soul. Its life and happiness are its own torment. Ever since the world began, science has had this enemy to contend with, and some very hard battles have been fought before error would leave the field." [Dr. P. P. Quimby]
"Condemnation before investigation is the height of ignorance." [William Paley]
"The opinion of 10,000 men is of no value if none of them know anything about the subject." [Marcus Aurelius, Roman Emperor from 121-180 A.D. and Stoic philosopher]
"I've pretty much said everything I can say about this false fraud allegation. People who wrote those earlier articles did not have access to much Keely information so their deductions were flawed at best. Couple that with everyone's fear of standing up for something not honored by the non-thinking PC crowd. Now with so much Keely material gathered and wiki'd in one place it is easier to study out these issues and make better informed conclusions. I will say that what has been gathered is a small part of all there is to be gathered. It will take many more years of time and effort to bring it all together. The sorting of it all out will be done by scholarly people or at least using scholarly principles and techniques." [Dale Pond, 6/26/18]
People ask me all the time about the "discovery" of compressed air pipes and tubing in Keely's lab. I get tired of this question. (Does anyone ever do their own research or do they simply defer to the so-called "experts" or whoever is passing themselves off as "experts"?) Beware of the rampant yellow journalism (now called Fake News) of that time period (and of today). There were a number of factors, facts and conjectures playing upon this supposed "discovery". Let's list some of them:
- In those days the atom was considered indivisible. While Keely was busy dissociating atoms into seven distinct subdivisions of matter and force all those around him "knew" it to be "impossible". This was such an important point that in 1896 Gustave Le Bon published a paper revealing the dissociation of matter and intra-atomic energy for which he claimed priority. Even so this was decades after Keely began his atomic dissociation releasing its Latent Force then he made devices to demonstrate these "liberated" latent energy. [see quantum chronology]
- In Keely's day every scientist believed the atom was monolithic and indivisible, that an atom could not be split or disintegrated, that the atom was the smallest form of matter. Today we know better after standard scientists split the atom in 1935 - 50 years after Keely's pioneer work. Keely was not only splitting the atom he was building and operating machines based on quantum mechanics - a field of science not to exist until decades later. Which is to say the best scientists of his day did not recognize quantum mechanics, quantum acoustics or quantum physics and was therefore unqualified to assess his work and discoveries.
- "It has been very generally thought that Keely is pursuing the ignis fatuus of perpetual motion. No greater mistake could have been made. The genuineness of his claims as a discoverer rests upon a correct answer to the question, "Is hydrogen gas an element or a compound?"" [Bloomfield-Moore, Progressive Science] [Meaning - is the hydrogen atom indivisible or is it composed of smaller particles?]
- "Professors Brinton and Koenig, of the University of Pennsylvania, and Professor Tuttle, a Baltimore physicist, tested the force handled by Keely and pronounced it to be neither electricity nor magnetism nor compressed air." [see A New Creed, Laws of Being and Keelys Letter to Professor Daniel Brinton]
- Every work shop of any consequence has all kinds of pipes and tubes in the walls, ceiling and floors. These conduct water, compressed air, various gases and fluids, vacuum, electricity, etc. to name a few. What, factually, was being conveyed in the 'discovered tubing'?
- Frauds and con-artists, by definition, are lazy (trying to get something for nothing). A lazy person would not spend 30 years of hard labor building this impressive list of machines and instruments or lay claim to a staggering list of discoveries and accomplishments.
- Keely developed his Etheric Vapor (various kinds of plasma created by dissociation of water) which he would have wanted to be available at many points in his shop just as we develop compressed air and vacuum and want it available around the shop. He would have installed pipes and tubes for this distribution to work stations just as we do today. [See What the Ether is]
- Who "discovered" the so-called compressed air tubes? Clarence Bloomfield-Moore. Bloomfield-Moore's son, Clarence, was notoriously petulant, spoiled, jealous and envious of all the funds and support his mother lavished upon Keely thus reducing his coveted inheritance. My opinion of Clarence was he did not like his mother as they had ongoing feuds mostly over money. He sued is own mother in a vain attempt to have her declared insane or incompetent so he could secure the family fortune. So was his "discovery" of the tubing an act of spite or personal (egoic) triumph over his strong willed Mother? During his "investigation" of the remnants of Keely's lab Clarence (anthropologist) had with him a doctor and a psychologist but no physicist, engineer, scientist, mechanic or chemist. How convenient is that for his law suit against his mother to have these two doctors with him? Easy then to have his mother declared incompetent so he could grab the money.
- The origin of the fraud story began with Clarence teamed up with the Scientific American magazine and The New York Times, both owned and controlled by the monopolists of that time. I find it difficult to believe otherwise intelligent individuals would believe the yellow journalism (today called Fake News) of these suspiciously motivated parties working in cahoots over and above their own research and thought processes. Seems the world changes but gullibility does not. [See false gods]
- Much of the information we have today about Keely and his work came from uneducated reporters of questionable motives. As Keely developed a unique form of quantum mechanics/physics and science there was not a single reporter who had the slightest idea of what Keely was working. The quantum world Keely discovered and developed was his alone - the electron, first discovered entity of the quantum world, was not acknowledged to exist until 1893 - well after Keely's researches into the causitive structure of electrons and electricity. So who could have written accurately about anything Keely did - even if they wanted to? The legitimate scientists and engineers who examined Keelys Machines all stated they were genuine and without fraud. Science at that time believed the atom was indivisible. So which are you going to believe - the uneducated sensationalist reporters or the studied and preceptive scientists and engineers? It is a well known fact of human (egoic) nature it is far easier to vilify, deny, invalidate, calumniate and condemn someone they do not understand than to put forth effort to understand them or to admit their own ignorance. This deplorable attitude and small-mindedness continues today...
- See 19.07 - A Modern Wizard The Keely Motor And Its Inventor wherein the compressed air claim is thoroughly debunked: "Keely allowed Major Seaver to make, without hindrance or opposition, whatever investigations he wished. The Major in the end freely confessed that he could find no evidence of "hollow wires," compressed air or electric power used in any way in Keely's demonstrations." [19.07 - A Modern Wizard The Keely Motor And Its Inventor]
- Keely developed and entire field of science not unlike our current quantum mechanics and Field Physics. This was done in that time period when science dogmatically believed the atom was indivisible. For instance Keely said his machines operated with sympathetic vibration without which they would not run. Today we call sympathetic vibration "quantum entanglement" first postulated by conventional science in 1935 - 37 years after Keely's death. So who was around at that time to understand this?
- Keely, in his exploration into subatomic physics before there was a subatomic physics developed processes and methods of dissociating atoms and their constituent component particles. Nuclear fission was first discovered by conventional science in 1938 - 40 years after Keely's death. So who was around at that time to understand this and report on it accurately? See Atomic Dissociation, Aqueous Disintegration and related links.
- Keely implied his work was not for that time period so he and others made efforts to hide or safe-guard his work for a distant future. A way to do this was to sacrifice himself to look like a "humbug" so his work would be ignored. Is this true or not? The future will tell:
"These instruments are carefully concealed by wise masters from all persons save the few who are already prepared to study their potency with the exclusive end in view of aiding the real scientific progress of humanity; and, furthermore, it may be truly stated that a ferocious sensualist, however powerful his intellect, would be utterly unable to either comprehend or operate one of these marvelous constructions." [Keely, See Dashed Against the Rock]
- I concur with the idea humanity is not yet ready for SVP. Some bits and pieces, yes, but not the whole of it. Especially not the Mind Force (scalar) implications and applications. Until and unless a more developed mind-set or consciousness pervades all of society this knowledge will simply not be absorbed by Mankind and reflected in his environment and machinery. We see governments devoting large percentages of their people's money into weapons and killing their own populations and neighbors and little into raising up those they claim to represent and serve. This insane state of affairs will only reverse as humanity awakens its consciousness - which on the other hand we do now see just beginning to happen with the advent and use of the internet.
- Perhaps the reason irresponsible and immature people continue to attack Keely is because he brought God back into the equation thus utterly destroying atheistic materialism.
- Additional insights to be added later. See [Eye Witness Accounts, Keely Supported by Eminent Men of Science, Law Suit]
It appears there are certain personality types that believe and promote the false idea Keely was a fraud:
- Those too lazy to do their own research.
- Those who unquestioningly believe whatever they're told by whatever source.
- Those who have fragile egos and cannot admit they don't know everything and there is someone smarter.
- Those who go along, with non-controversy, just to get along.
- Those who are afraid of controversy.
- Those who revel in and love hurting others (bullies).
- Those too afraid, unwilling or unable to think for themselves.
- Those too afraid, unwilling or unable to do their own research.
- Those too afraid, unwilling or unable to look up definitions of new words and terms.
- Those who have been taught it is wrong to think for themselves.
- Those promoting agendas as in preserving the status quo or some power and control structure.
- Small-minded mean people who demonize, vilify, alienate and persecute anyone "different" than they perceive themselves to be.
- Those who are jealous, in denial, fear the unknown, hate, ignorant and covetous.
- Those who fear peer pressure (opinions of others) more than they love truth.
- Those who have been taught to never ever get out of the box.
- Those who have been taught it is wrong to get out of the box.
- Those who are afraid to get/look outside of the box.
The list can go on and on but you get the picture.
- Those suffering from Stockholm Syndrome.
- Those suffering from Cognitive Dissonance.
- Those who worship (afraid to challenge) accepted scientific dogma and doctrine.
Law suit brought against Keely:
Mrs. Moore on the Keely Motor
19.07 - A Modern Wizard The Keely Motor And Its Inventor
A Visit to Mr Keely - Astounding Performance of the Keely Motor
Aerial Navigation Keely's acoustic levitation, see Latent Force and Theory of Vibratory Lift for Airships
Chronology who did what when
Clara Jessup Bloomfield-Moore a biography
Clarence Bloomfield Moore
Etheric Force or Compressed Air
Eye Witness Accounts
Fake News - see Yellow Journalism
Frequently Asked Questions
Keely in Contempt of Court
Keely in Contempt of Court2
Keely Motor Company
Keelys Sunday in Jail
Keely - Historical Documents
Keely and His Discoveries
Keelys Contributions to Science
Keelys Mechanical Inventions and Instruments
Keely Supported by Eminent Men of Science
Leidy and Wilcox Visit Keelys Lab
Some Truths about Keely
splitting the atom - Keely
SVP is not a cult
Sympathetic Vibratory Physics
Sympathetic Vibratory Physics vs Quantum Entanglement
The Doom of Steam
The Keely Motor - Feats of Which it is Capable
The Key to the Problems. - Keelys Secrets
The Motor Gets Into Court
Vibratory Physics - The Connecting Link between Mind and Matter
Vibratory Physics - True Science
Was Keely Imprisoned for stock fraud?