noun: the power of making free choices unconstrained by external agencies
Christ Returns - Speaks His Truth
"I was also shown the LAWS OF EXISTENCE controlling the human ability to create new circumstances and environment, relationships, achievement or failure, prosperity or poverty.
- Whatever man profoundly BELIEVES himself to be, good or bad, that will he become.
- Whatever man FEARS others will do to him, so will they do.
- Whatever man HOPES that others will do to him, he must first do to them, since he is then creating a 'consciousness pattern' which will return to bless him to the extent he has blest others.
- Whatever disease man DREADS so will he become prey to it for he will have created a 'consciousness pattern' of the very thing he least wants to experience.
- Whatever is sent forth from man's mind and heart - returns to him in due course in some form or another, but remember that like always breeds like. Strongly emotional thoughts are 'consciousness seeds' planted within a man's own orbit of consciousness. These will grow, bearing a like harvest for his reaping.
These are the fruits of free will.
There is no way that man may escape what he thinks, says or does - for he is born of the Divine Creative Consciousness power and is likewise creative in his imagining.
Those who long for good for themselves must first give it to others. Let their very existence be a blessing to others.
When such people are in harmony with all others, they are then perfectly attuned to the universal
and they are brought into the flow of the Father 'nature' which is growth, protection, nourishment (physical, mental, spiritual) healing, fulfillment of need, within a system of law and order." [Christ Returns - Speaks His Truth, Letter 1, page 18]
"For, no soul or entity enters without opportunities. And the choice is ever latent within self and the power, the ability to do things, be things, to accept things, is with the entity." [Cayce (3226-1)]
"And each individual has the choice, which no one has the right to supersede - even God does not!" [Cayce (254-102)]
Q - "Is the body aware of the destiny of the physical body at birth?"
A - "God Himself knows not what man will destine to do with himself, else would He have repented that He had made man. He has given man free will. MAN destines the body." [Cayce (262-86)]
Q-14. Is the prediction true that I will die suddenly at the age of 80 in Tibet?
A-14. "If you go to Tibet and live to be 80 you may die there - this depends upon many, many, many circumstances. You will not die in Tibet unless you go there, and there's not the prospect now of going there." [Cayce (2067-3)]
THE PARADOX OF FREE WILL
"As the Cosmic is not separate from its laws, so man is not separate from them. The Cosmic is not a personal Ruler way up in heaven; it is the "God of our hearts" which is within us just as we are within It.
Our Will - the true will of our soul, not every reflex urge of our body - is as free as the will of the whole, because our soul and Universal Soul are one. To the Mystic this oneness is not a theoretical argument but a real experience which brings great power and great responsibility:
Any creative thought which is clearly visualized and allowed to sink to the depth of man's soul, becomes a thought of the Universal Soul and thus an established fact somewhere and sometime. Thus the freedom of the Mystic is a much greater privilege than is the individual freedom which seemed opposed to causality. It is not anarchy but free partnership with Cosmic Law." [Walter J. Albersheim, PH.D., F.R.C. (1948)]
Law of Amra
There is a River