T5757-001 * [Pg 3]
TEXT OF READING 5757-1
This Psychic Reading given by Edgar Cayce at the Hotel Warner, Virginia Beach, Va., this 21st day of June, 1940, at the Ninth Annual Congress of the Ass'n for Research & Enlightenment, Inc.
P R E S E N T
Edgar Cayce; Mrs. Cayce, Conductor; Gladys Davis, Steno.
R E A D I N G
Time of Reading 4:00 to 4:30 P. M. Eastern Standard Time.
1. GC: You will give at this time a discourse on what are known as Sun Spots, explaining the cause of these phenomena and their effect on the earth and its inhabitants.
2. EC: In giving that as we find would be as helpful information in the experience of individuals gathered here, many conditions and phases of man's experience in the earth are to be considered.
3. When the heavens and the earth came into being, this meant the universe as the inhabitants of the earth know same; yet there are many suns in the universe, - those even about which our sun, our earth, revolve; and all are moving toward some place, - yet space and time appear to be incomplete.
4. Then time and space are but one. Yet the sun, that is the center of this particular solar system, is the center; and, as has been indicated and known of old, it is that about which the earth and its companion planets circulate, or evolve [revolve?].
5. The beginnings of the understanding of these, and their influences upon the lives of individuals, were either thought out, evolved or interpreted by those of old, without the means of observing same as considered today necessary in order to understand.
6. Astronomy is considered a science and astrology as foolishness. Who is correct? One holds that because of the position of the earth, the sun, the planets, they are balanced one with another in some manner, some form; yet that they have nothing to do with man's life or the expanse of life, or the emotions of the physical being in the earth.
7. Then, why and how do the effects of the sun SO influence other life in the earth and not affect MAN'S life, man's emotions?
8. As the sun has been set as the ruler of this solar system, does it not appear to be reasonable that it HAS an effect upon the inhabitants of the earth, as well as upon plant and mineral life in the earth?
9. Then if not, why, how did the ancients worship the sun AS the representative of a continuous benevolent and beneficent influence upon the life of the individual?
10. Thus as we find given, the sun and the moon and the stars were made also, - this being the attempt of the writer to convey to the individual the realization that there IS an influence in their activity! For, remember, they - the sun, the moon, the planets - have their marching orders from the divine, and they move in same.
11. Man alone is given that birthright of free will. He alone may defy his God!
12. How many of you have questioned that in thine own heart, and know that thy disobedience in the earth reflects unto the heavenly hosts and thus influences that activity of God's command! For YOU - as souls and sons and daughters of God - DEFY the living God!
13. As the sun is made to shed light and heat upon God's children in the earth, it is then of that composition of which man is made, or of that termed the earth; yet, as ye have seen and know, there is solid matter, there is liquid, there is vapor. All are one in their various stages of consciousness or of activity for what? Man - GODLY MAN! Yet when these become as in defiance to that light which was commanded to march, to show forth the Lord's glory, His beauty, His mercy, His hope, - yea, His patience, - do ye wonder then that there become reflected upon even the face of the sun those turmoils and strifes that have been and that are the sin of man?
14. Whence comest this?
15. All that was made was made to show to the sons, the souls, that God IS mindful of His children.
16. How do they affect man? How does a cross word affect thee? How does anger, jealousy, hate, animosity, affect thee AS a son of God? If thou art the father of same, oft ye cherish same. If thou art the recipient of same from others, thy brethren, how does it affect thee? Much as that confusion which is caused upon the earth by that which appears as a sun spot. The disruption of communications of all natures between men is what? Remember the story, the allegory if ye choose to call it such, of the tower of Babel.
17. Yea, ye say ye trust God, and yet want to show Him how to do it!
18. These become, then, as the influences that would show man as to his littleness in even entertaining hate, injustice, or that which would make a lie.
19. Be honest with thyself, as ye would ask even the ruler of thine earth - the sun - to harken to the voice of that which created it and to give its light IRRESPECTIVE of how ye act! For, as given, the sun shineth upon the just and the unjust alike, yet it is oft reflected in what happens to thee in thy journey through same.
20. The more ye become aware of thy relationships to the universe and those influences that control same, the greater thy ability to help, to aid, - the greater thy ability to rely upon the God-force within; but STILL greater thy RESPONSIBILITY to thy fellow men. For, as ye do it unto the least, ye do it unto thy Maker, - even as to the sun which reflects those turmoils that arise with thee; even as the earthquake, even as wars and hates, even as the influences in thy life day by day.
21. Then, what are the sun spots? A natural consequence of that turmoil which the sons of God in the earth reflect upon same.
22. Thus they oft bring confusion to those who become aware of same.
23. Let not your hearts be troubled; yet believe in God. Then just act like it - to others.
24. He has given thee a mind, a body; an earth, and land in which to dwell. He has set the sun, the moon, the planets, the stars about thee to remind thee, even as the psalmist gave, "Day unto day uttereth speech, night unto night sheweth knowledge."
25. These ye know, these ye have comprehended; but do ye take thought of same?
26. KNOW that thy mind - thy MIND - is the builder! As what does thy soul appear? A spot, a blot upon the sun? or as that which giveth light unto those who sit in darkness, to those who cry aloud for hope?
27. Hast thou created hope in thy association with thy fellow men?
28. Ye fear and cringe when ye find that the spots upon thy sun cause confusion of any nature.
29. How MUST thy Savior feel, look, appear, when ye deny Him day by day; when ye treat thy fellow man as though he were as dross and trash before thee?
30. We are through.
T0254-106 * [Pg 2]
13. (Q) Can a discussion be given through this channel on the sun spots, cause and effect on the earth?
(A) This might be given. As to just what its value might be, - it will be valuable for the young if it is preserved, for it will be a very helpful influence that might well be given, and would show particularly the variation of subjects that might be treated by or through such information. [See subsequently 5757-1, 6/21/40.]
Figure 14.02 - Thoth the Sun God giving Life Force implying this force comes from the Sun
Mind in Matter
Mind over Matter
Part 22 - Solar Rings and Planetary Formation
Propositions of Astronomy
Sun Spots and Human Behavior